Task 2 (#81-#105)
81. Do you prefer classes that are useful in school or useful for your career?
82. Which do you prefer to work on your assignments alone or in group?
83. Which do you prefer to attend co-educational school or separated school?
84. Do you prefer long vacation or short vacation?
85. Should Governments spend money toward art or art classes? Otherwise governments should spend money on other things. Which one do you think is better and why?
86. Students should attend full time course or part time? Which one do you agree with and why?
87. Some students value the skills of living that they learned from a family and friends. Others put more emphasis on the lessons that we taught to them in school by their teachers. Which do you think is more important to you and why?
88. All the effects of technology have been positive or not?
89. Some people think parents are the best teachers for children. Others don’t think. Which do you think is better and why?
90. Some people think people should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing. Others think people should not do things that they do not enjoy doing. Which do you think is better and why?
91. Face-to-face communication is better than other types of communication, such as letters, emails, or telephones calls or not?
92. Do you prefer to be self-employed (work for someone else), or own a business?
93. Technology has made the world a better place to live. Technology has made the world a worse place to live. Which would you think is better and why?
94. Which do you prefer to do work by hand or to use machines?
95. Schools should ask students to evaluate their teachers or not?
96. Do you enjoy changes and new experiences or usual habits?
97. Some people think that students should study history and literature than science and mathematics. Others think students should study science and mathematics. Which do you think is better and why?
98. Which do you prefer to read books or watch movies?
99. If you have extra amount of money, would you save it or spend it?
100. It is said Aerobic exercise is good for our health. What do you think how they are helpful?
101. It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. It is better for children to grow up in a big city. Which do you think is better and why?
102. If you have money to purchase either a house or a business. Which would you choose to buy?
103. Would you prefer to live in a traditional house or in a modern apartment building?
104. In some countries, people are no longer allowed to smoke in many public places and office buildings. Do you think this is a good rule ora bad rule?
105. Students may have the choice of studying at home by using technology such as computers or television or of studying at traditional schools. Which would you prefer?
Task 2 (#41-#80)
41. Which do you prefer to get up in the morning early or late?
42. Which do you prefer to get news in a newspaper, on the internet, or on TV?
43. Which do you prefer to make my own travel plan by yourself instead of joining a tour group?
44. Which do you prefer to take a vacation in the mountain or at the ocean?
45. Do you like to try new kinds of food or eat the same kind of food all the time?
46. Do you prefer to be in a large class or a small class?
47. Do you think it is better to marry before or after the age of 30?
48. Would you prefer to take a trip by plane or by train?
49. Which do you prefer to play sports or watch sports?
50. Would you prefer to go to the opera or to a foot ball game?
51. Would you prefer to take the TOEFL test or a math test?
52. If your teacher makes a mistake, is it better to correct the teacher or ignore the mistake?
53. Is it better to take chances in life or play it safe?
54. Is it better to have a career that pays a lot of money but keeps you away from your family or career that does not pay so much but allows you time with your family?
55. Do you make decisions quickly or take your time making them?
56. Do you think children should always obey their parents, or are there times when it is not necessary for children to obey?
57. Do you prefer to spend your free time on indoor activities or outdoor activities?
58. Do you agree or disagree that students should not have a cell phone?
59. Do you agree or disagree that all students should be provided opportunities for college and university studies'?
60. Learning online or on campus study, which do you think is better?
61. Some people think that studying abroad is good. Others don't think. What is your opinion?
62. Do you agree or disagree that all human inventions are good for man kind?
63. It is better to judge to any person with first look or long term relationship which is required to know that person, agree or disagree?
64. What are you good at playing sports or studying?
65. Do you plan everything for your free time or don't plan anything for your free time?
66. Do you prefer to get information from books or the internet? Why?
67. Games are necessary in schools or not?
68. Money is the most important for people or not?
69. Which do you prefer to learn the subject from several professors or one professor?
70. We can learn about a new city by visiting its historical places or not?
71. What do you prefer getting information from the internet or from published materials?
72. Do you prefer to be a leader of a group or be part of a group?
73. Some go to college to improve knowledge? Other will go for job opportunities in their future life? What is your opinion?
74. Which do you prefer to work in one company for entire your career or move from company to company?
75. Which do you prefer to play team sports or individual sports?
76. Haste makes waste or not?
77. The TOEFL test is a wonderful test or not?
78. Attending classes and learning from school is better than getting information outside the class?
79. Physical activity should be required in school or not?
80. Eating out and eating at home, which do you prefer?
Task 2 (#1-#40)
1. Which is more important learning from school or family?
2. Some colleges require that students declare a major before they start their freshman year. Other colleges allow students to declare their major up to the end of their freshman year. Which policy do you think is better for freshmen and why?
3. Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you place to live in?
4. Some universities have a policy of pairing students with different personalities and backgrounds as freshman roommates. Other universities try to match students with similar personalities and backgrounds. Which policy do you think is better for freshmen and why?
5. Some colleges do not allow freshmen who live on campus to have cars. Others colleges allow all students who live on campus to have cars. Which policy do you think is better for freshmen and why?
6. Some students work part time jobs in order to pay for college tuition and expenses. Other students opt to take out student loans so that they can devote all their time and energy to their campus life. Which way of paying tuition and expenses do you think is better and why?
7. Some colleges require that all freshmen take a world history course for one or two semesters. Other colleges have no such requirement. Which type of curriculum do you think is better for freshmen and why?
8. In many universities, basic required course are taught by teaching assistants rather than professors. Some students prefer this system, saying those teaching assistants are young, enthusiastic, and easy to understand. Other students would prefer to be taught by professors, who are recognized specialists in their field. Which system do you think is better for students and why?
9. Some universities have co-ed dormitories, where male and female students have rooms on the same floor. Other universities have separate dormitories for male and female students. Which type of dormitory would you choose to live in and why?
10. When one student or several students dominate class discussions, some professors ask those students to speak less and give other students a chance to speak. Other professors tell the quieter students that it is their responsibility to join in and contribute to class discussions. Which professor's approach to this problem do you think is better and why?
11. Some students prefer to take a 3 credit course which meets only once a week for three hours. Others prefer a 3 credit course which meets three times a week for one hour. Which course schedule do you think is better and why?
12. Some students try to take as many notes as possible in class, hoping to study and understand the lecture in detail. Other students spend more class time listening to any trying to understand the lecture while it is being given They take fewer notes and often just write key words or important points of the lecture, Which do you think is a better note taking strategy and why?
13. Some students study for examinations alone, reviewing their note books and preparing answers for exam questions. Other students study for examinations in pairs or group, asking each other questions and practicing their answers. Which do you think is better and why?
14. Should governments spend more money on improving roads and highways, or should governments spend more money on improving public transportation (buses, trains, and subways)? Which do you think is better and why?
15. Ｉn some countries all new drivers are required attend driving school. In other counties, driving school is optional. Which do you think is better and why?
16. Some people think it is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Which do you think is better for children to grow up in, in the countryside or big city?
17. A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community. Do you support or oppose the construction of the factory?
18. A company is going to give some money either to support the arts or to protect the environment. Which do you think the company should choose?
19. Would you rather read a book on a particular subject or would you prefer the movie instead?
20. If you were given the choice of having a great job but hated the people you worked with or having a horrible job but loved the people you worked with. which would you choose and why?
21. Some colleges do not allow freshmen who live on campus to have cars. Other colleges allow all students who live on campus to have cars. Which policy do you think is better for freshmen and why?
22. Which do you prefer to live in a house or an apartment?
23. Some people believe that the best way to succeed is to set goals and work hard to achieve them. Other people think that hard work is not as important as good luck. Which point of view do you think is true and why?
24. Which do you prefer to take multiple choice exams or essay exams?
25. Some people think college years are the best time in a person's life. Others don’t think. Which do you think is true and why?
26. Which do you prefer to live in a city or country side?
27. Which do you prefer to work at a company or owe business for myself?
28. Some people think new students should live on campus in their first year. Others think new students should live off campus. Which do you think is better and why?
29. People sometimes need to tell a lie or never tell a lie. Which do you think is better and why?
30. Which do you prefer to join in a big party or small gathering?
31. Which do you prefer to study a little in many subjects or only one subject?
32. Which do you prefer to write a paper or take a test?
33. Which do you prefer to write a paper with a group or alone?
34. Which do you prefer to study at home or in a library?
35. Which do you prefer to live with hostfamily or by yourself?
36. Which do you think is better that children are required to do a lot of assignments or not?
37. Which you do you prefer to live in the place where the weather changes several times a year or the weather never changes?
38. Which do you prefer to live in the city or in the countryside?
39. University, quality is cardinal. Location, fee, or size, which do you think important secondly?
40. Which do you prefer to have business trip all the time or return home every night?
Task 1 (#81-#125)
81. What was the most joyful place in your childhood that affects you?
82. What kind of movies do you like?
83. Where is the best place to meet and have fun with your friends?
84. Describe characteristics for a good parent.
85. Describe an interesting career or a job you want.
86. Describe a social/political event that people celebrate your country.
87. What is your favorite place in your country?
88. What is your favorite place in your hometown?
89. What is your favorite thing to do in your free time and why?
90. If you could make one change in the world today, what would it be?
91. Describe a difficult situation you had with your friends and the steps you took to solve it.
92. What are your strengths?
93. What are your weaknesses?
94. What is your ideal study environment?
95. What is your ideal work environment?
96. What is your ideal school environment?
97. How do you handle mistakes?
98. What is your most notable accomplishment?
99. Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation that demonstrated your coping skills.
100. Describe a specific example of a time when you used good judgment and logic in solving a problem.
101. Describe an example of a time when you set a goal and were able to meet or achieve it.
102. Describe a time when you had too many things to do and you were required to prioritize your tasks.
103. What is your typical way of dealing with conflict?
104. Describe a difficult decision you've made last year.
105. Describe an example of a time when you motivated others.
106. Describe a recent successful experience in making a speech or presentation.
107. What have you done to improve your English?
108. How quickly do you make decisions? Describe an example.
109. What have you done in past situations to contribute toward a teamwork environment?
110. Describe an exciting event in your school life.
111. If you could invent something new, what product would you develop?
112. If you could make one important change in a school that you attended, what change would you make?
113. What do you think to be the most important room in a house?
114. Imagine that you have received a land to use as you wish. How would you use this land?
115. Why do you think people attend college or university?
116. What are some important characteristics of a co-worker?
117. What is a very important skill a person should learn in order to be successful in the world today?
118. Describe some reasons why people need to work?
119. What change would make your hometown more appealing to people your age?
120. If you were an employer, what kind of worker would you prefer to hire?
121. Do you think that daily homework is necessary for students?
122. If you could study a subject that you have never had the opportunity to study, what would you choose?
123. Describe accustom from your country that you would like people from other countries to adopt.
124. What is the most important animal in your country?
125. What about yourself would you like to change?
Task 1 (#41-#80)
41. Describe an important event in your childhood.
42. What is your favorite sport?
43. Describe your favorite relatives.
44. What are characteristics of a good neighbor?
45. Which person has helped you the most to get where you are today, and how has he or she helped you?
46. If you suddenly got $10 million, what would you spend it on?
47. If you suddenly got $ 100 million, what would you spend it on?
48. What does your dream house look like?
49. What is your future dream?
50. What is your favorite food?
51. Why are you preparing to take the TOEFL test?
52. Describe your 3-year future plans.
53. Describe your 5-year future plans.
54. Describe your 10-year future plans.
55. If you could have any jobs in the world, what would it be?
56. At what age should a person be allowed to drive?
57. At what age should a person be allowed to drink alcohol?
58. What is the best excuse to give your teacher when you have not done the homework?
59. What change would you like your government to make?
60. What do you do to relax?
61. What do you miss the most when you are away from home?
62. What object is important for us and why?
63. If someone is coming from other countries, what kind of food would like to serve?
64. If you had to live in a deserted island, what would you bring with you?
65. Describe exciting events in your childhood.
66. What is the most popular activity of sports in your country?
67. Who had influenced the most in your life?
68. If you have a chance to learn one new thing, what would you like to learn?
69. What is the most challenging thing that you have ever faced in your life?
70. What is the most memorable challenge you faced and how did you overcome that challenge?
71. What was an important accomplishment in your life? Why was it important and how did you achieve it? What was result?
72. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
73. In your opinion, who might be a good model for the youth today?
74. Describe a special opportunity in your life.
75. Compare yourself today and yourself five years ago.
76. What is the best age to marry?
77. What do you think are the most difficult aspects of learning a new language?
78. What are some important qualities of a good leader?
79. What is your favorite music?
80. What is your favorite subject in school?
「TOEFL Test Task1-2 の問題例をぜひ紹介してほしい」
Task 1 (#1-#40)
1. Describe your recent trip.
2. If you could change one thing in this world, what would it be? Why?
3. Describe your ideal house.
4. If you could have dinner with any famous person, who would it be? Why?
5. What did you dislike the most about your teacher and why did you feel that way?
6. Who would you like to meet and why?
7. Tell a person whom you admire. What are the qualities of that person you admire?
8. What item do you think you should have whenever you leave the house and why it is so important?
9. Imagine that you had to give up all of your possessions except one. Which possession would you keep and why?
10. If a tourist from a foreign country visiting your country, where would you want him or her to visit?
11. A tourist attraction, where would you like to take a tourist in your country?
12. Describe your favorite restaurant.
13. If you could be somewhere else in the world right now, where would be and with whom?
14. What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
15. How would you spend your last day if you knew that you were going to die the following day?
16. What is your favorite holiday?
17. What is the most dangerous thing you have ever had?
18. What is your favorite color?
19. Where would you like to study in the USA (or Canada? or other countries)
20. Describe the most important birthday in your country.
21. Describe characteristics of a good marriage partner.
22. What do you prize the most about yourself?
23. Where do you take a visitor in your city?
24. What is your favorite book?
25. If you were the leader of your country, what would you do?
26. Why do you study English?
27. What do you dislike English?
28. Describe important characteristics for a good friend.
29. What characteristics are essential to make a person successful?
30. Describe important characteristics for a good teacher.
31. Describe important family tradition.
32. How do you release stress?
33. Where would you like to be professionally in ten years?
34. Describe positive and negative effects of technology.
35. Describe one thing you would like to improve about your hometown.
36. Describe your ideal characteristics for a good son or daughter.
37. What is your favorite movie?
38. Where would you go for a trip?
39. Which subject would you like to learn?
40. What are some important qualities of a good boss?
例えばTask 4 リーディングで、「○○」についての説明があるとします。
Speaking :Task 5, Task 6
例えば Task 4 なら・・・・、
The reading passage explains about the word '____'.
The professor provides 2 examples of __________ in the listening passage.
Task 5 なら・・・・
The man's problem is_______.
The woman suggests that he (should : 仮定法現在）________ .
最後は、In my opinion, the man should take her advice.......
This is because____________.
私が実践したこと （Task1 - Task 6)
私は、テキスト（Barron's TOEFL iBT Internet-Based Test 2008と、Longman Preparation Course For The Toefl Test:Longman Preparation Course for the Toefl、それとTOEFL TEST対策iBTスピーキング）を中心に勉強をしていました。
Speaking :Task 1, Task 2
Task1, 2 は、自分の身の回りについての質問（例：自分の好きな本 など）、または、選択（例：自由時間は、家の中で過ごすのが好きか、または外で過ごすのが好きか など）という問題がでます。
Task 1, 2の勉強法としては、私は自分の解答例を考えていました。
次回は、Task 3-6 の勉強法を紹介します。