Task 2 (#1-#40)
1. Which is more important learning from school or family?
2. Some colleges require that students declare a major before they start their freshman year. Other colleges allow students to declare their major up to the end of their freshman year. Which policy do you think is better for freshmen and why?
3. Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you place to live in?
4. Some universities have a policy of pairing students with different personalities and backgrounds as freshman roommates. Other universities try to match students with similar personalities and backgrounds. Which policy do you think is better for freshmen and why?
5. Some colleges do not allow freshmen who live on campus to have cars. Others colleges allow all students who live on campus to have cars. Which policy do you think is better for freshmen and why?
6. Some students work part time jobs in order to pay for college tuition and expenses. Other students opt to take out student loans so that they can devote all their time and energy to their campus life. Which way of paying tuition and expenses do you think is better and why?
7. Some colleges require that all freshmen take a world history course for one or two semesters. Other colleges have no such requirement. Which type of curriculum do you think is better for freshmen and why?
8. In many universities, basic required course are taught by teaching assistants rather than professors. Some students prefer this system, saying those teaching assistants are young, enthusiastic, and easy to understand. Other students would prefer to be taught by professors, who are recognized specialists in their field. Which system do you think is better for students and why?
9. Some universities have co-ed dormitories, where male and female students have rooms on the same floor. Other universities have separate dormitories for male and female students. Which type of dormitory would you choose to live in and why?
10. When one student or several students dominate class discussions, some professors ask those students to speak less and give other students a chance to speak. Other professors tell the quieter students that it is their responsibility to join in and contribute to class discussions. Which professor's approach to this problem do you think is better and why?
11. Some students prefer to take a 3 credit course which meets only once a week for three hours. Others prefer a 3 credit course which meets three times a week for one hour. Which course schedule do you think is better and why?
12. Some students try to take as many notes as possible in class, hoping to study and understand the lecture in detail. Other students spend more class time listening to any trying to understand the lecture while it is being given They take fewer notes and often just write key words or important points of the lecture, Which do you think is a better note taking strategy and why?
13. Some students study for examinations alone, reviewing their note books and preparing answers for exam questions. Other students study for examinations in pairs or group, asking each other questions and practicing their answers. Which do you think is better and why?
14. Should governments spend more money on improving roads and highways, or should governments spend more money on improving public transportation (buses, trains, and subways)? Which do you think is better and why?
15. Ｉn some countries all new drivers are required attend driving school. In other counties, driving school is optional. Which do you think is better and why?
16. Some people think it is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Which do you think is better for children to grow up in, in the countryside or big city?
17. A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community. Do you support or oppose the construction of the factory?
18. A company is going to give some money either to support the arts or to protect the environment. Which do you think the company should choose?
19. Would you rather read a book on a particular subject or would you prefer the movie instead?
20. If you were given the choice of having a great job but hated the people you worked with or having a horrible job but loved the people you worked with. which would you choose and why?
21. Some colleges do not allow freshmen who live on campus to have cars. Other colleges allow all students who live on campus to have cars. Which policy do you think is better for freshmen and why?
22. Which do you prefer to live in a house or an apartment?
23. Some people believe that the best way to succeed is to set goals and work hard to achieve them. Other people think that hard work is not as important as good luck. Which point of view do you think is true and why?
24. Which do you prefer to take multiple choice exams or essay exams?
25. Some people think college years are the best time in a person's life. Others don’t think. Which do you think is true and why?
26. Which do you prefer to live in a city or country side?
27. Which do you prefer to work at a company or owe business for myself?
28. Some people think new students should live on campus in their first year. Others think new students should live off campus. Which do you think is better and why?
29. People sometimes need to tell a lie or never tell a lie. Which do you think is better and why?
30. Which do you prefer to join in a big party or small gathering?
31. Which do you prefer to study a little in many subjects or only one subject?
32. Which do you prefer to write a paper or take a test?
33. Which do you prefer to write a paper with a group or alone?
34. Which do you prefer to study at home or in a library?
35. Which do you prefer to live with hostfamily or by yourself?
36. Which do you think is better that children are required to do a lot of assignments or not?
37. Which you do you prefer to live in the place where the weather changes several times a year or the weather never changes?
38. Which do you prefer to live in the city or in the countryside?
39. University, quality is cardinal. Location, fee, or size, which do you think important secondly?
40. Which do you prefer to have business trip all the time or return home every night?